I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read, "Heaven's Grocery Store".
As I got a little closer the door came open wide,
and when I came to myself I was standing inside.
I saw a host of Angels, they were standing everywhere.
One handed me a blanket and said, "My Child shop with care".
Everything a Christian needs is in that grocery store,
and all you can't carry, come back the next day for more.
First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.
Further down was Understanding, needed everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith,
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run this race,
but then my blanket was getting full, and I remembered I needed Grace.
I didn't forget Salvation, which like the others was free,
so I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
for I thought I had everything to do my master's will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw Prayer and had to put it in,
for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near, so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the Angel, "How much do I owe"?
The Angel smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again, I politely asked "How much do I really owe?"
The Angel smiled again and said, "My Child, Jesus Paid Your Bill A Long Time Ago."
by Ron DeMarco
Copyright 1990
ShareThis
07 March 2012
Heaven's Grocery Store
Popular Posts
-
Ayat : Ulangan 12:7 Mengapa hal bersukacita harus diperintahkan oleh firman Allah kepada kita (Flp. 4:4)? Mengapa dalam kenyataan sehari-ha...
-
Ayat : Mazmur 8 Apa sih hebatnya manusia? Saya kira pertanyaan ini akan membuat sebagian orang marah karena merasa disepelekan. Bukankah ba...
-
Ayat : Efesus 4:17-32 Selama 16 tahun, John Kovancs tinggal di terowongan kereta api bawah tanah nan gelap. Saat ada perbaikan terowong...
-
Ayat : Kisah Para Rasul 8:26-40 Saya sering kagum dengan para penjaja makanan atau barang dagangan. Mereka tahu bahwa tidak semua orang...
-
Ayat : Matius 7:7-11 Dalam hikayat 1001 Malam dikisahkan tentang Alibaba yang menjadi kaya gara-gara menemukan mantra untuk membuka gua...
Unknown