ShareThis

05 March 2011

Famous Bible Verses

Looking for some famous bible verses? 

Some bible verses just seem to stand out when reading them.Preachers and fellow believers often repeat them from the bible so that they have become famous bible verses.
When scripture verses are memorized by heart and they can become almost too familiar. That is why it is important to look at them with fresh eyes.
Below are some well-known bible verses in both the New International Version and "The Message" translations. We hope this will help your favorite famous bible verses come alive in a brand new way!

Job 1:21 (NIV)
The Lord giveth and the lord taketh away. -

Job 1:21 (The Message)
21 Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I'll return to the womb of the earth.God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed.

Proverbs 18:21 (NIV)
21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21 (The Message)
21 Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose.

Matthew 4:4 (NIV)
4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Matthew 4:4 (The Message)
4 Jesus answered by quoting Deuteronomy: "It takes more than bread to stay alive. It takes a steady stream of words from God's mouth."

Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20 (The Message)
20 "Because you're not yet taking God seriously," said Jesus. "The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, 'Move!' and it would move. There is nothing you wouldn't be able to tackle." 

Matthew 18:20 (NIV)
20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Matthew 18:20 (The Message)
20 When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."

Matthew 20:16 (NIV)
16 "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
Matthew 20:16 (The Message)
16 "Here it is again, the Great Reversal: many of the first ending up last, and the last first."

Mark 8:34 (NIV)
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Mark 8:34 (The Message)
34 Calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self."

Mark 8:36 (NIV)
36 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Mark 8:36 (The Message)
36 What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?

God Bless ^^

Popular Posts

 
Hope and Love Jesus Christ | HLJCC